Nicknames

One of my favorite sports is referring to someone as a nickname to others and see if they figure it out.

After seeing a co-worker in a purple polo dress I walked up to another co-worker and asked, "Grimace looks smashing today huh?"

Lauren just saw Rainman and is still pissed at us for using that reference when she does something goofy.

To Ashlee: "Paris, quit it.."

The Donald, well there's one right there, is also referred to as Jorge, as in Pasada, we don't know why, but we like it. It's fun to say, "What time is Jorge getting home?" or "Where's Jorge?"

The ladies that rent the house on our company property are referred to as Patrick and Squidward, of course the house is referred to as The Pineapple. Someone asked me for their names one day and I had to stop and think.

The landscape/plow guy? Sponge Bob.

Co-worker that is Italian and eats constantly? Meatball

Father-in-law and Mother-in-law - Thursten and Lovey. Father-in-law also referred to as Dr. Bombay (one of my favorites)

My paternal grandfather - Flop Flop (he had amazing jowls)

Our garbage man? Eb - remember Eb from Green Acres? Google him, he's hysterical.

Just today I said to Lauren, "Come on Godzooki" and then had to explain Godzilla or Godzirra depending on your country of origin. I was walking through the Sam's parking lot with a case of soda on my shoulder stomping small Japanese villages with my flip flops. Then I couldn't remember who Godzooki was and I got hungry. Lauren reminded me I was a moron.

I've had a ton of nicknames, some I'm actually aware of... Chele, Shelley, Mich, Mitch, Mickey, Babe, Honey, Mamaaaa ooohhh oooohhh (Queen). My Mom used to throw out funny nicknames Ruby Begonia, Toodle Bug, Mickey, and now I do it with the girls, Lulu, Ash, Asher Basher. . . Woobie (oh she'll kill me if she read that!) it's fun. give it a try.

Comments

Popular Posts