Wedding Cake & Fried Shrimp Salad

I was given a bottle of gin and amaretto to aid in my recovery with the stipulation that I use it to make Wedding Cake Cocktails. Here is the suggested recipe:

3/4 oz. Gin
3/4 oz. Amaretto
1/4 oz. Pineapple Juice
1/4 oz. Orange Juice
1/4 oz. Cream

Shake over ice and wallah. I used this recipe and the Gin came off too strong. At first I increased the cream to 1/2 oz. That was better but the Gin was ever-present. Next batch I substituted vodka for the Gin and increased the cream to 1 oz. Yes, here's to the bride and groom! So the final recipe is:

1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Amaretto
1/4 oz. Pineapple Juice
1/4 oz. Orange Juice
1 oz. Cream

Shake, yes I'm aware the amounts went up to 1 a full ounce, phhhhpht!

Next Fried Shrimp Salad. I tried to get Calamari but apparently there is no in the area to speak of.

1/2 c. Semolina Flour
2 tsp. Old Bay
1 tsp. Corn Starch
1 lbs. Shrimp (raw, peeled)
Vegetable Oil

Heat oil, about an inch, in a pan over medium heat. Use a Ziploc bag, pour in semolina, old bay, cornstarch, add shrimp. Seal bag and toss it about the kitchen. When the oil is heated, fry the shrimp.

I placed this over salad greens (I grew them myself! I know!!) I added marinated mushrooms and peperoncinis and sliced roasted red peppers. I suggest a mayo garlic or horseradish sauce for dipping. It's dealers choice at this point.

Comments

Popular Posts