A New Leaf

I guess we all have our moments of silent realization and so help this f*&#ing mouse if it jumps around the screen anymore!!!, as I was saying, sometimes, things become remarkably clear, as if a fog burned off and the scenery is sitting right there going, "Hey stupid, over here!"

Call it melancholy, call it worried recollection, it really just me and a glass of wine (three tops), my laptop and my thoughts running off.

I married at 21, young for my time. I went from Mom and Dad's house to renting a house with my new husband, The Donald 14 years my elder. Don't get me wrong, I was delighted to get married and start a family and it's been a lovely existence, however, it's time for me to have some time.

Last late fall, I posted on Facebook how thrilled I was to have the house to myself, the girls weren't home, The Donald was working late and it was just me at home. No sooner did I post this then I saw The Donald post, 'Enjoying yourself?' For someone who is not on Facebook at all, this came across as borderline stalkerish. This shows how infrequent I am left on my own and why my head is about to f%^#ing pop.

Time for change. I will be traveling south this fall to reunite with high school girlfriends and live it up. I will travel early next year to visit my dearest friend Anna in Texas. I will travel more for work and I will find time for myself. This is my mantra.

I love my family dearly, I've nurtured, fed, provided a clean happy household and in return I ask for some space, nay deserve some space.

Comments

Popular Posts