53 Socks

Today I threw 53 unmatched socks away from Lauren's room. These are just the single, divorced and widowers. This doesn't include the couples - she must have 40 living in the top right drawer of her dresser.

I'm home convalescing but working from home. I'm not burning vacation time on my ovary-ectomy, screw that! This morning I hear Lauren ask The Donald if he has any shorts - she doesn't have any.

First thing, The Donald does the laundry. Second, the children do theirs. I will do anything else. Today I ventured up to the second floor, where the children's rooms are and I think we were bombed in the night. I'm certain Gaddafi's is behind it. My lord!!! Then I remembered, I was a child slob. I filled my room with dirty clothes, plates, half full glasses, papers, leftover food, I stuck my used gum to the headboard, my word it was nasty. It's now 8:50pm and the washing machine is still running. Lauren here is eating ice cream as I type. Nice. I'm agonna punch her in the head. Not really. Well maybe.

My father called today to chat and remind me he is coming in September and ask me if his room was prepared. Little did he know I single handedly saved his ass from a mutant gang of solitary socks. It's okay, he doesn't need to know the casualties of war.

Off to bed all! Nite!

Comments

Popular Posts