This must stop...

In the wee hours of Sunday morning I awoke with unusally pain in my right arm (yes this is another medical story - I appear to be on a roll). I nodded off, but when daylight came my arm hurt like a mother you-know-what and there were some red streaks. My first thought was, "I don't remember Gordy jumping on my arm." but there was brunch to make and more importantly EAT!!! Brunchapalooza was awesome.

Fast forward to Tuesday 3am. I awake with raging pain in my arm, a throbbing, bitching pain in my forearm. I toss and turn until the 5:30 wake up call and when I get up, my arm joints are sore, my arm is aching, more red stripes and now there is swelling. Time to stop, 'ignore me and I'll go away'. I made an appointment for 4:30pm today. At about 10:30 am my arm FUCKING hurts (I apologize for the vulgarity, but it DID) and like the Jeffersons, the streaks are 'movin' on up'. Of course I poll folks at work and get various diagnosis. Phlebitis and Cellulitis were in the lead.

At 4:30 I met with a PA who I know, she knows Ashlee (remember small town Cabot Cove? LOVE THAT!!!) She asks me how I'm doing and I reply, "My god, I'm falling the hell apart!! I've been healthy as a horse forever and now the wheels are falling off." She took one look and feel of my arm and announced Phlebitis and Cellulitis, which is rude because I was working out and I don't have cottage cheese butt and I still had me pants on! (I said me on purpose). She instructed me to not collect $200 and proceed directly to the ER for IV antibiotics. F#*$^!

I headed down the hill to the Hospital - yes, the doctor's office is on the hill and the hospital is at the bottom of the hill. On the way down you go by a nursing home and Death's Edge, it's stages of life and they should give you a cassette tape that narrates what's shakin where. Sidenote, the girls dropped off cookies last Christmas at the one nursing home - just left them in the common area for the diabetics to wheel over to and OD.

In the hospital Dr. Tippie, who is a dead ringer for John Lovitz saunters in, takes a look and says, "I don't think it's related to the IV." He diagnosis, cellulitis and prescription drugs and I'm out of there by 5:30 and off to the grocery store to pickup my prescription. I did ask Dr. Tippicanoe and Tyler too to call in the prescription but he said, "I'll ask your nurse, but really I'm already 6 deep." Hey, Dr. Tippie, here's a tip for you, "I'm not so concerned about the

Comments

Popular Posts