Family old, Friends new, Recipes borrowed, Anything but blue!!

Last evening we had folks over for dinner. This is by far my favorite pastime Uncle Donald and Aunt Ann, up from ' Joisey Baby!' and The Foley's, Lauren's bosses and family friends. It was a wonderfully fun evening full of food, wine and laughter. I had some recipes I wanted to try and a few tried and true favorites.

Appetizers:
Antipasto (roasted red peppers, pickled mushrooms, pepperoni, salami, olives)
Caprese Salad (tomato, basil and mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and balsamic)
i cocoli (pizza dough fried in olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt - we had prosciutto wrapped mozzarella to stuff into them) courtesy: David Rocco

Entrees:
Pasta Bolognese courtesy: Ann Burrell (a 4 hour slow meat sauce)
Fettuccine Carbonara with Chicken (pancetta, eggs, cream, Parmesan, chicken)

Dessert:
Cheesecake with Tart Cherry Topping: courtesy Nigella Lawson
i cocoli (pizza dough fried in olive oil the drizzled with honey and sprinkled with powdered sugar) courtesy: David Rocco

When I finally went to bed I felt like I had eaten my body weight, and I'm pretty sure I almost did. Soon enough I'll be in shape to start jumping about the basement with my nemesis Tony Horton, doing P90X again. Everything in moderation they say, but damn it is fun to gather with great company and eat like a puppy. Ruff!



Comments

Popular Posts