Food Truck

I love the food truck rage. I'm sitting on my rumpus right now watching a Schnitzel Truck that caters to NYC. What a friggin' country we live in!

I jotted down several ideas today for menus, listing things I love to cook, things people say are yummy and I'm trying to include a variety. What I have so far is what I consider Saturday/Sunday dinner fare, Lasagna, Carbonara, Filet, Salmon with Orange Butter Sauce, Sauerbraten, Swedish Meatballs, Roasted Chicken, Fried Chicken, Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin, Pizza - is this American Cuisine? I think it is, a UN of countries coming together, driving large Range Rovers of course.

Is there something here that could be done on a food truck, with an outdoor eating area? Or is this limited to a brick and mortar establishment? The food truck is whimsical and makes me think of Jimmy Buffet, shuffling around mildly buzzed in flip flops and serving coconut shrimp and rum runners to beach goers. It has an appeal. Yet the restaurant concept is grounding. It's all frightening, but worth considering.

Very dear family is up vacationing, this happens a lot in the summer, but we're pumped beyond pumped to have planned a dinner this time. I am giddy with excitement for the opportunity to cook for them - I live for this. I've also entered a chili contest scheduled for mid September. The food bug continues to sink its teeth in me..... cause I'm bitchin' tasty!

Comments

Popular Posts