Pasta Salad

Thursday evening after picking up Lauren from soccer practice and stopping off at the grocery store to grab a few items, we were 5 minutes from home - 15 from the grocery store with that distance growing - when I ask, "So what do you have going on tomorrow night?" She thinks, "Oh, it's our team dinner."

Been there, done that, "And what are YOU supposed to bring?" She replied very matter of fact, "I signed up for Pasta Salad" I start building steam, "And when are you planning to make that? We were just AT the store!" She thought longer this time, "Ohhhhh. Right I'll figure it out. We have pasta at home." This is known as Mom Will Save Your Ass Syndrome. Similar to when you tell someone, "If you can't find anyone else to {insert babysit, make a pie, build a shed, spare a kidney}call me." the search is over, tag, you're it.

We got home and I started making dinner and put a pot of water on to boil, we did have pasta and here's what I came up with:

1 lb. Rotini
1/2 bag of frozen peas
1 or 2 shallots sliced
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp. dried dillweed (snicker)
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper

Boil Rotini for 8 minutes but with 3 minutes left toss the peas and the shallot into the boiling water. Drain and pour into a large bowl, add mayo, salt, pepper and dill. Toss, you might want to add a bit more mayo, and refrigerate. Try it when it's still warm, I prefer it that way and what fun to find little peas hiding in the Rotini!

One addition that would be delightful would be ham, bacon or panchetta, something salty and meaty. I suppose you could put something in for crunch like celery. Parmesan would be nice addition as well - oooh sausage! Oh I could go on and on...

Comments

Popular Posts