I'm sorry, you said what?

Today is The Donald's birthday, 55 years, double nickel, I can't drive 55, etc.  At the young age of 19, Don ran head first into a telephone pole during a Thanksgiving break game of football, home from the
University of Bridgeport.

A headache progressed into vomiting which was diagnosed as a concussion, blacking out and repeated vomitting was followed by the correct diagnosis of a subdural hematoma. A blod clot that is contained in the cranium, requiring brain surgery. The nice Indian doctor explained to Thursten, Don's father, that chances were he would die for sure. He was promptly punched in the nose by Thursten amidst the staff of Colombian Presbyterian. Point Thursten! The brain surgery involved cutting from ear to ear, meeting at the top of the head, peeling down the skin and then digging in. GAK! right?? Don died on the table and was revived. This led to a very troubled, unfearful, dare-devil, who could give a shit less.

Don's hearing in his left ear is about 10% this was a result of making contact with his head and a curb at the age of 6. The telephone pole only added insult to injury. If I walk with you, chances are I walk on your right, this is a habit I've developed to get on Don's right side, he still has no clue how to get on my right side, not many have. And this leads to the subject matter.

There are misunderstandings between what I say and what is heard, for example. . .

Me: 'I can't dry my hair with that brush anymore.'
Don: 'You can't drive with Russians anymore?'  ?????

Me: 'I'm getting my next car from them.'
Don:'Your neck is broken?'  ????

Sometimes we say, "Pineapple, pepperoni, footstool" just to see what the interpretation is.

Honey, I wish you a happy birthday and many more. I SAID I WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE!! Not I miss my lap Labrador and Demi Moore. !!!!

Don puts up with me, god bless him. :)

Comments

Popular Posts