Jersey Speak

I'm from New Jersey, I'm a Jersey girl, I make no apologies, we don't do that, suck it. New Jersey, like anywhere has their own specialty foods. I am so biased. I would push an old woman over for a slice of tomato pie, a cheesesteak, pork roll or some pencil points, sorry Nana!! Let me explain in order. And btw, our food? The best. Forgettaboutit!

Tomato pie is pizza - it's a pie of tomato and in Jersey it's served piping hot from an 42,000 degree oven by some guys that starred in The Godfather and would shoot ya just as soon as look at ya. The crust is thin and crisp a it crunches on bite. It's orgasmic. Tomato pie - oh thank you god for tomato pie.

Cheese Steak - for the love of god and all that is holy, it's not a steak and cheese - I can't begin to imagine what part human, part animal beast that is but it ain't the Philly Cheesesteak. I have whimpered whilst biting into one - onions, peppers, mushrooms, sauce (it's ta die for!) cheesy goodness, steak, rolls with that little crust. DAMN!

Pork roll, I don't now what's in it, they don't know what's in it, you don't wanna know what's in it, just eat it - pork roll is like scrapple, just enjoy. It's pork pieces - nuff said. Put it on a Kaiser roll with butter, cheese, raw onion and I'll elope with you.

Pencil Points are Penne Pasta, period. However, while working second shift with a kind Indian Man named Babu, he asked me what was for dinner. I told him Pencil Points, he was intrigued. I explained the dish and he seemed to get it. I left, had dinner, returned and Babu, upon seeing me asked, "How were your pencil heads?!?" He was adorable. I should look him up on Facebook!

Comments

Popular Posts