Day 2

It would probably be easier to list the parts of me that are not sore, then again I can't seem to find any.

Yesterday went well. I ate well all day, managed to squeeze in some wine and my weight adjusted from hog jowling down copious amounts of evil, albeit yummy, food this past weekend. I'm confident about the eating portion of this program. (so naive, so trusting)

The exercise side of the equation was every bit as brutal as I remembered, maybe more so. The last time I tried this was 2007, so that was four years ago, but I was 6 lbs heavier, which doesn't seem like much, but on a 5'3" frame, it's an additional butt cheek.

Chest and Back (DVD 1 58 minutes) is nothing more than alternating groovy varieties of push ups and pull ups. I cannot elevate my body weight using a chin up bar, yet. I try with all my might, making a really mean face, then hang limply, let one hand go, do a fun chimp impersonation and then usually fall into a heap. Instead I use weight bands flung over the strapping in the basement ceiling. Add to this the fact that I cannot do a real push up, I have to do the girly knee push ups, and you have a frustrated gal. I did my best, that's all Tony Horton asks. He talks non-stop while doing an ungodly amount of push ups and pull ups, all by the book, he's a dick.

Ab Ripper (Bonus DVD 16 minutes) has left my stomach hurting and my ass hurts too, from sitting up, if you can imagine the laws of nature there. I couldn't finish any of the sets, but again tried with all my might, Tony says I'll improve. I think that's what he said, I was a bit busy telling him fanciful ways he might go screw himself.

I woke several times in the night trying to turn one way or another only to be made aware by my protesting body that additional movements were frowned upon. Oh and there were three, I think, foot cramps, WTF? I remember awakening at one point and thinking, "Ah yes, I knew the truck would eventually hit me and so it has." Day 2 has dawned.

BRING IT!

Comments

Popular Posts