Day 3

The great thing about starting an exercise program is being so freaking sore and still having to exercise more.

When I awoke yesterday I was sore - oh buddy boy was I sore. Then as the day progressed, a day that is usually filled with me seated behind a desk, I started seizing up like the Tin Man. In the afternoon I had to spread floor plans across my office floor to work on them. As I lowered myself to the floor I thought, "I'm not really sure how the hell I'm going to get back up." My boobs hurt (sorry if that's to much information and I know there are muscles behind them, but that seemed the appropriate thing to yell at the time), I was less than confident my arms would support me on all fours, my knees were still tender  and my back was a mess.

Last night was Plyometrics (DVD 3 58 minutes), this is jump training, and really uncalled for nuttiness. The warm up is intense the workout itself killer and the cool down I don't even remember because I was trying to keep from blacking out.  There are many sets of exercises, each set has 4 jumping or lunging or hopping moves 1 - 3 are 30 seconds and the 4th is a minute. 30 seconds doesn't seem like a long time unless you are touching the floor in a squat and then jumping into the air. That range of motion can kill someone, I've seen it, not really. With 42 minutes left I realized that I was amazingly out of shape, but also acknowledged the fact that I was doing something. I felt Yodaish or maybe Yiddish or even a little of both.

Tony was his usual motivational corny blabbermouth self and it kept me nicely distracted from the horrible sounds I was making. Did I mention one dude in the video only has one leg? He has a prosthesis and Tony points this out immediately as a call for all of us two legged sloths to not even think about making excuses. Thank you Tony.

This morning everything is still achy and my plantar faciitis is acting up but I know stretching will help that feel better. The cool thing is I am acutely aware of my body, parts may hurt like the dickens, but they feel better for feeling worse - deep huh?

BRING IT!

Comments

Popular Posts