Major Medical

Have you seen the new Aflac commercial with the pigeon that says, 'Major Medical'?  Good stuff!

The Donald called me yesterday and said he was being released for good behaviour. Nah, he was doing better. We walked outside and after 6 days of being cooped up in a hospital, he was pleased to be breathing fresh air and heading home. We stopped off at the grocery store for watermelon, cantaloupe and a pineapple. Seriously? If I was in the hospital for 6 days, my list would be wine, cheesecake, wine, sushi and wine, maybe some Thai food with wine. Different strokes. Wine.

I made pasta and meat sauce last night. The Donald is on a low fiber diet - no raw veggies, nothing with seeds or membranes - lettuce is the devils something or other.

I think he's on the mend. I appreciate all the kind words and offers of help. Thankfully, I am able to do the inside and outside work around the house - the Doers Club you know - we just do, we're wired that way. The phrase, "I'm going to take time for me." is especially irksome right now.

The triplets are back at it - thanks to them for being considerate of others issues, events and emergencies. I'm certain however, when they are removed it will be 'no big deal' and I'll be back at my post in no time, literally. Like grocery shopping two days after giving birth. I'll rest when I'm dead.

Comments

Popular Posts