Follow Up Visit - And the Ailment Shift in the Family

Today was my follow up ultra sound to determine how Cecil Cyst was faring on my right ovary.

Now at 2am The Donald started vomiting and suffering from 'sit or stand' a rare and not so funny condition. This went on throughout the wee hours of the morning. Lauren had jammed her ankle at soccer practice last night and I hadn't layed eyes on Ashlee in a week - an incredibly long period of time for someone that needs to be reminded to eat. Stress level - plaid.

Here's how it all comes together... I determined this afternoon that The Donald had food poisoning from consuming raw oysters Saturday evening. I also consumed said oysters, but my gut is cast iron and I push the envelope a lot. Lauren iced her ankle and reported to work at 7:30am. Ashlee still unseen and I had a 12:35 appointment with Andy and the Magic Wand.

I showed up at my appointment, was greeted by Andy (yeah!) who said, "Oh you're back!" It's not a ride at Disney Andy, it's a follow up appointment. I returned Andy's greeting and with my oh so full bladder walked back to ultrasound. "My bladder is really full right now Andy." "Good." "Damn." "Huh?" "Sorry, nothing."

Andy informs me that we'll do the outside dealio and then see if we need the internal. Great, really who gives a shit at this point. He presses, with strength I didn't know he possessed and says, "Oh yes, we need to do the internal." "So I can pee?" "Yes you can." "I flew off the table and headed to the bathroom all the while realizing the urge to pee was stronger than the urge to be okay - but you know how it feels when you have to 'go' really bad.

Andy went off to get a 'chaperone'. He returned and said, "This is Katie, you remember how to do this right?" "Yes, I'm not allowed to sing into it and I shouldn't wave it around like it's a magic wand." Andy turned to Katie and said, "She did this last time."

Three cysts, Cletus, Cecil and Clive. Triplets as Katie pointed out. "Dr. Mullin will read the results and we'll go from there." I pointed out to Andy and Katie that Dr. Mullin's son dated my daughter - I didn't mention he's still my friend on Facebook and just recently my dog's friend.

In the awesome news department Ashlee looks wonderful, healthy, pretty, happy. I'm proud of her, oh hell, me, Cecil, Cletus and Clive are all proud of her! The Donald might be proud but he's too busy throwing up his toe nails and Lauren is so tired from working, although I think she is proud.

Life is about change and most importantly enjoying the moment. Carpe Diem my friends.

Comments

Popular Posts