Oh he's crafty...

When Dad was here a couple weeks ago he went on and on about the deck stain he used, Zar. He had a batch shipped from the manufacturer. I imagine the stain is pricey and it was a lovely gift to send us some. The labor however was priceless. 

At the end of the project, it looks lovely, it's a beautiful color, the deck needed it and my right hand doesn't friggin' work anymore. Home ownership is lovely, 12 acres, The Donald and I could run around naked, sing Native American Songs, and light off fireworks and chances are, no one would care (trust me we've tried) but sweet Jesus the upkeep!! Next year we should have the house painted. I'm going for a parchment color, everywhere, clapboards, trim, everything. If you know anyone who's good let me know.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day, I might go over to the neighbors and try to lay claim to their property. Chances are I'll try to relax. I'm plum tuckered. Mom and I had a thing we did, she'd grab my hand in a handshake and say, "I'm bushed." and I'd say, "I'm beat." and then she'd say, "Niced to meet you beat." and I'd say, "Glad to meet ya bushed." and we'd laugh. Mom, I'm bushed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments

Popular Posts