Big Plans!!

I'm going on a road trip. Alone. Just me, my Jeep, the open road and Deloris, my GPS.

I leave Friday morning after dropping Lauren off at school. My first stop, I don't know, maybe I'll pee, perhaps I'll grab something to eat, coffee, it doesn't matter. It's just me.
I'll arrive Friday late afternoon at Paul Smith's College to visit with Ashlee and her friend Bri. I'll treat the girls to dinner, a shopping spree at Hannaford and lay my eyes on my daughter to make sure A. she's healthy, B. she's happy, C. her pupils are the correct size. I'd like to live in the mom bubble as my mother did, but Ashlee keeps poking her head in asking me, "Guess what I'm did?" and worse she copies The Donald on her emails. A child that took painstaking efforts to keep things from us, won't shut up now! I cringe and print all the emails.

Friday night I'll stay over in Lake Placid or Lake Saranac or maybe Lake Grand Cherokee or Lake Ashlee's Dorm room. Saturday morning I'll haul the girls to a big giant breakfast, eat up ladies!!! I'm a feeder and a Pisces, but a feeder first.

Saturday late afternoon I'll bid goodbye to Ashlee and Bri and head east again to the Hoopdie. This makes me smile. My classmate, homeroom mate, and one of the sweetest high school girlfriends I knew is getting married and I'm tickled that I am able to attend. I remember when Kim came to our world, we already had a Kim Wenger, then we had two. The second Kim was a gorgeous, sweet, quiet, shy gal that would say things you couldn't believe and had more artistic talent in her little finger than we all had combined with the shitheads at the prep school and the art teachers in the tri-state area. She is that talented.

I haven't seen Kim since we graduated, but we reconnected on Facebook and she's Kim and that is cool, so very very cool. She's also managed to land a great guy, James, or as us ladies of the eighties like to call him Dirk/Teri/Liam cause he's that guy.

So yes, I'm attending the Hoopdie, I'm going to enjoy myself immensely, I'm going to meet new friends and I'm going to hug the snot out of one Kim Wenger Hall and one Dirk/Terry/Liam/James.

The next day I'll head home. I'll have enjoyed my trip, but I'll be missing The Donald and he'll be waiting for me for we had our Hoopdie 20 years ago and when I get home, I'll hug the snot out of him and Lauren.

Comments

Popular Posts