Settling In. Midlife

This year marks my 48 trip around the sun. I like to thank mother nature for weakening my eyes so I can have a 1940's style smokey view of myself without my glasses. I'd like to tell my eye doctor to go f himself because he doesn't agree with me and his father that not wearing your glasses actually exercises your eyes and builds strength. Me and Mr. Baruffi think we have buff eyes, screw you Dr. Baruffi.

In the past 4 years I have been trying to practice mindfulness combined with idontgivashitness. The small act of stopping, looking around and smiling is fun - in a grocery store, in the car, at your desk. You own that shit.

Right now I'm watching The Mind of a Chef on Netflix. I love watching other people who swoon at ingredients, get excited about a hole in the wall and try different things.

Today after work I bought an electric fondue pot. I've had sterno ones and think this might be a good option. I haven't made fondue in years and it is happening this weekend and it will be epic. My SO doesn't think he likes fondue. He loves cheese - he's going to lose his mind, I'm getting lucky as hell this weekend. This reminds me of making fondue in Maine and texting or calling Pam. I could just text 'fondue' and know she'd be over. She is the one that discovered and claimed the nodule of cheese left at the end of a fondue party. Screw Chester Cheese, she's the cheesiest and I miss her to pieces.

Midlife, not giving a crap and cheese. . . . . life isn't just good, it's great. I say my little prayers each night, I'm thankful for whatever I have and I pray for all ya'll. XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts