Here I am, rock me like a hurricane...

I meant the 'here I am' as a fun way to peek out from an extended silence. It turned into an 80s song - that happens a lot I have no explanation.

Okay - quick catch up... lots of personal swill.

I'm living on my own in Delaware now - learning pronunciations like Hockessin (Ho-kessin, not as I thought Hock-essin), Shagrin (Shay-grin, not sha-grin). I've heard Delaware described as a small town that happens to be a state where everyone knows everyone so I try to keep my pie hole shut - not an easy task. I'm close to Philly, NYC and Pennington. I've made several trips to all.

My dear friend Sharon has provided a friendly face and a loving shoulder in this transition. Her joyous spirit inspires me. Through her I've joined a beautiful group of women who gather monthly to howl at the moon and act silly.

I've managed to see high school classmates Val and Helena who are nutrition for my soul and remind me of mythological bad ass goddesses.

Lauren moved in with me and that makes my heart happy. :)

My apartment is cozy which means it's small. I've never lived on my own but I am enjoying it. Cleaning is quick, lawn care involves me watering three plants on the patio and cooking is well cooking is cooking... which brings me to the ribs recipe....

Target had Back Ribs on sale a few weeks back - a whole rack for $7. I should point out now that while I was thrifty before I've hit all new thrifty levels. I haven't used my dryer since I moved in back at the end of March. Not once. I use a drying rack. I control my electric like a boss. A cheap boss.

Back to the recipe...

Preheat oven to 300F

Remove membrane from the bone side of the rack of ribs - this is important.
I used McCormick rub for Pork and mixed it with 1 cup of brown sugar.
Rub all over ribs.
Tear two sheets of aluminum place shiny side down on baking sheet.
Place ribs bone side up on aluminum.
Tear two more sheets and cover, shiny side up this time.
Seal edges of aluminum tightly.
Bake for 2 1/2 hours.
When finished unwrap - carefully - steam is the worst. Actually grease is the worst but steam is a close second.
Brush with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce - just buy it, don't mix your own aka reinvent the wheel. Oh and the dollar store has that shit for... you guessed it, a dollar.
Broil meaty side up for 2 minutes or until the BBQ sauce starts to caramelize.

That's it, ENJOY!


Comments

Popular Posts